Essay writing is a common academic assignment that students get during their academic career. In writing every piece of essay, certain essay writing guidelines are required to follow by the writer. Here some do’s and don’ts of essay writing are given. Check them out for getting a flawless piece of essay.
Do’s of essay writing
- Select the topic about which you have plenty of knowledge. Also make sure that the topic interests you greatly so that you can maintain your interest while writing.
- Ask for suggestions from your colleagues or friends about the topic of your essay. Consult your instructor as well to ask about the suggestions regarding essay writing assignment.
- Write in complete honesty and share your own views about the topic.
- It is better to write essay in more than one draft in order to achieve a single perfect essay draft.
- Be especially careful about the choice of words, grammar, vocabulary and spelling in the essay.
- Manage your time and daily activities well in order to complete your essay within a given time frame.
Don’ts of essay writing
- Don’t choose the topic that is not of your interest or you don’t know much about.
- You would not be able to share your thoughts appropriately if the topic does not appeal to you.
- Do not attempt to add funny and ridiculous expressions in your essay just to give it an overly humorous or dramatic look.
- Do not include biased opinions and point of views in your essay. Avoid giving prejudiced views about any sect, class, race or gender.
- Do not consider your first essay draft final and keep on working toward your next draft to enhance your essay.
- Do not just attempt to impress your instructor with odd expressions or unrealistic viewpoints. Be natural and write you honestly feel about the topic for essay writing.