Fiction writing can be undertaken provided the writer has creativity and inborn skill. However, you can polish yourself for fiction writing. You can make a piece of fiction writing close to perfect if you follow these do’s and don’ts and fiction writing:
Do’s of fiction writing
- Keep yourself organized about writing and stay focused on it.
- Try asking others for ideas if you fall short of them.
- Concentrate on the descriptions of the characters you include in the fiction.
- Be very careful about the plot, setting and scene of the story.
- Brainstorm yourself and collect as much possible ideas about the story.
- Do not neglect the time frame and try to finish the fiction writing project on time.
- Select the theme carefully and pay attention to what you want to communicate to the readers.
- Review and edit the initial drafts of your work and self-edit many times.
- Keep trying again and again to get the right words and phrases to include in your work.
- Try to get out of the writer’s block.
Don’ts of fiction writing
- Do not start writing when you are short of ideas and cannot think of something to write.
- Don’t take too much time in describing the characters.
- Refrain from redundancy and repetition of same ideas too much.
- Don’t make the text boring and monotonous for the readers that they skip through the pages without going through them.
- Do not leave too much vagueness in the book to make it difficult for the reader to understand the message.
- Do not forget to review and go through the initial draft of your work.
- Never forget that nothing is perfect so strive for efficiency.
- Do not give hope if you do not find good ideas to start the project.
Follow these points related to fiction writing and kick start your fiction writing.