Being a freelance writer myself, I would suggest some do’s and don’ts to follow. You can utilize them in your freelance writing career to take it to high level of success.
Do’s of freelance writing
- Be a good time manager and manage all your daily life activities effectively. You should know exactly at what time you will be doing what job.
- Be responsive to your client all the time. Be a good communicator in order to get the work smoothly done. Even if you need extension of deadline, contact them immediately. Ask them politely to give you more time for a certain task.
- Always try to fulfill the needs of the client even if it seem difficult to you. If however, you feel that the task is not your cup of tea, do not take it. It is better to leave the work for another freelancer who can do justice to the task at hand.
- Maintain your dignity in the eyes of your client. Be down to earth but take care of your self-respect too. Always let the client show your worth so that you get the desired rates as well.
Don’ts of freelance writing
- Do not get confused while planning your activities. Do not panic or get disoriented in managing your time well.
- Just do not keep on accepting every other task that comes to you. You should be able to choose from the list the task that you can do best.
- Do not run after work like mad. Be patient in your approach toward demanding work from clients. Do not show them that you are dying to take host of work. Accept only that much amount of work that you can easily manage.
- Do not copy ideas from others. It is better to write by using your own ideas and concepts.
These simple points can help you manage your freelance writing career in a better way.