They play in the Belgium Top-Division “Belgian Jupiler League” and their home ground is Jan Breydel Stadium with the capacity of 30,000 spectators.
Club Bruges are more often nicknamed Blauw-Zwart (Blue-Black). They play home games in Black and Blue stripe combination jersey with Black shorts and away games in white jersey with white shorts. Dexia and Puma are the main sponsors of the club.
After six years of its foundation in 1891, the club merged with the FC Brugeois and changed the name into Club Brugeois. They won the first major title “BeligianJupiler League” in 1920 and were awarded the Royal title and became the Royal FC Brugeois.
The golden period in the history of the European competitions started when the club moved from the Albert Dyserynck Stadium to the club’s current home ground, the Jan Rydel stadium.
Coach, Ernst Happel, led his side to two European finals in three seasons, but unfortunately lost to Liverpool FC on aggregate 4-3 in the 1976 UEFA Cup and fall apart again to the same opponent in the 1978 European Champion Clubs’ Cup. Club Brugge K.V. holds the record for most consecutive appearances in the UEFA Cup, which is fourteen.
The Blauw-Zwart finished third in the last 2009/10 season and currently playing in the 4th position with 53 points in 30 matches of the Belgian Pro League table 2010/11.
The last time they won the Belgian Top-Division title was in the 2004/05 season. Since then the teams’ chairman Bart Verhaeghe and the head coach AndrieKoster playing their best part to bring their side to top position and lift the trophy once more.