Although there were many other actors who were honored in this award show, the show was actually stolen by Amitabh Bachchan the legendary Indian actor. Amitabh Bachchan outclassed himself and the movie Black not only won critical acclaim but also was a huge box office hit.
Year 2006 was a black year. Yes, the movie Black by Sanjay Leela Bhansali won the hearts of audiences. Indian cinema which is famous for masala and melodramatic directions accepted and welcomes the movie Black in which Rani Mukherjee played a role of deaf, dumb and blind.
Amitabh Bachchan giving his tremendous performance did justice to his role and claimed many awards. In addition, this year came up with other Indian blockbuster movies like Bunty Aur Babli, Parineeta, Sarkaar and critically acclaimed Mangal Pandey. Here is the list of winners of 2006 Filmfare Awards:
Filmfare Award winners in 2006
- Filmfare Award for Best Bollywood Film 2006: Black
- Filmfare Award for Best Bollywood Director 2006: Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Black
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor 2006: Amitabh Bachchan, Black
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress 2006: Rani Mukherjee, Black
- Filmfare Award for Best Music 2006: Bunty aur Babli, Shankar Ehsaan and Loy
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor 2006: Abhishek Bachchan, Sarkar
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress 2006: Ayesha Kapoor, Black
- Filmfare Award for Best Debut Male 2006: Shiney Ahuja, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi
- Filmfare Award for Best Debut Female 2006: Vidya Balan, Parineeta
- Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer Male 2006: Himesh Reshammiya for Aashiq Banaya Aapne
- Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer Female 2006: Alisha Chinai for Kajraa Re