Festivals are celebrated throughout the world with great enthusiasm. They are a source of entertainment and fun for billions of people around the world. We are going to share with you a brief description of some important festivals of November.
Festivals celebrated in the month of November are:
- On 1st November, All Saints Day is commemorated by the Christian community. This festival signifies recalling the great saints and their spiritual contributions for the humanity.
- The 3rd of November marks the celebration of Prosperity Fest. It is a Mandaean-based religious festival celebrated in Iran and Iraq.
- A horse racing event of great significance is rejoiced on 6th November. It is named Melbourne Cup because of the region in which it is organized.
- The 11th of November is important for Australians because of an important festival; Remembrance Day. Here people gather to refresh the memories of the martyrs and soldiers of the World War-I.
- On 12th, 13th and 15th, three religious festivals are organized by Baha’i, Hindus and Muslims respectively. Baha’i stop their work activities for some time to pay homage to their religious founder; Bahaullah. The Hindus celebrate the occasion of Diwali to honor the triumph of goodness over evil. Muslims, however, have a new Islamic year with the advent of Muharam.
- On 16th, Tolerance Day is celebrated to honor this human virtue.
- On 24th, Muslims commemorate Ashura to honor martyrs of Karbala whereas Sikhs mourn over the martyrdom of Guru Bahadur.
- 25th November has an important day for humanitarians. White Ribbon Day is celebrated in this day to join hands against violence on women.
- On 28th, the birthday of Guru Nanak is celebrated by Sikh community whereas Saint Andrew’s day is rejoiced on the 30th November.