Are you looking for the important ways to improve your PR writing skills? You can get your PR writing skills enhanced by practice and hard work. Here some do’s and don’ts of PR writing are given for freelance writers:
Do’s of PR Writing
- Always give an interesting and good start to the story while you write a press release paper. If you do not focus on the start of the paper, there is no surety that people are going to go through the all stuff.
- Do pay attention to the language and writing style of the paper. It should be free from all types of errors and must include a good vocabulary.
- Review and revise a lot while preparing a PR paper. It should not contain a single mistake in it as it gets to be read by a host of people.
- Do add the contact details and other important information in the paper to help the reader in finding the organization. It should facilitate the reader in getting in touch with the company easily.
Don’ts of PR Writing
- Do not ever try to exaggerate or add irrelevant details in the paper. It should not consist of the things that have nothing to do with the actual story.
- Stay away from the exclamation marks as much as you can. You must not forget that the PR writing is a formal writing paper and should not have informal language style in it.
- Do not make press release a lengthy paper; rather make it brief and to the point. It should be comprehensive with all the relevant information contained in it.
- PR Writing should not have a first person tense in it. It needs to be written in the third person form with a writing style similar to the newspaper stories.