Filmfare awards of Bollywood are still the most prestigious and awaited awards of the year in India. The fans and the artists have great respect for these awards.
Filmfare Awards are undoubtedly Indian cinema’s most respected awards. Also, Fimlfare awards are the oldest film awards in India. In the year 2005, Filmfare celebrated 50 years of its tradition of awarding and honoring the acting talents in Bollywood.
Along with other attractions 50th FilmFare awards held in 2005 had a brilliant dance performance by Shahrukh Khan, the King Khan of Bollywood, where he danced with almost all the leading ladies from 1950s to 2005.
This year entertained the audiences with absolutely fantastic collection of movies. It could have been the hardest awards as the jury had to decide between spectacular movies like Veer Zara, Swades, Hum and Hum Tum.
Farah Khan, the Indian choreographer, debuted with her movie Main Hoon Na which did a good business on box office with a very melodious music from famous Indian musician Anu Malik. Here is the detailed Filmfare Awards winners list of 2005:
Filmfare Award winners in 2001
- Filmfare Award for Best Bollywood Film 2005: Veer Zara
- Filmfare Award for Best Bollywood Director 2005: Kunal Kohli, Hum Tum
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor 2005: Shahrukh Khan in Swades
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress 2005: Rani Mukherjee in Hum Tum
- Filmfare Award for Best Music 2005: Main Houn Na, Anu Malik
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor 2005: Abhishek Bachchan in Yuva
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress 2005: Rani Mukherjee in Yuva
- Filmfare Award for Best Debut Female 2005: Ayesha Takia, Taarzan: The Wonder Car
- Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer Male 2005: Kunal Ganjawala for Bheege Hont Tere
- Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer Female 2005: Alka Yagnik for Hum Tum