- ■ The Netherlands cricket team happens to have a pretty inconsistent record in qualifying for the ICC world tournaments and is said to be one of the weakest teams in the ICC.
- ■ The Netherlands has played 3 ICC cricket world cups until now (1996, 2003, and 2007). 1996 Cricket World Cup was their first encounter with the world-class teams.
- ■ The Netherlands cricket team came across the Indian cricket team in the 2003 Cricket World Cup for the first and the only time to date and was able to bowl The Indian cricket team out on a small target of 204 runs. However the pitch being suitable for the bowlers, the Netherlands team was also bowled out on just 136, thanks to Anil Kumble’s tight line and length (4/32 in ten overs).
- ■ In the 2007 Cricket World Cup, the Netherlands was unable to face the Indian cricket team, firstly because of the group restrictions, secondly, as both of them failed to qualify for the super 8 round.
- ■ Most probably the Indian cricket team can win over the Dutch Cricket team easily, because of their strong batting and bowling lineup.
- ■ The Indian Cricket team is a seasoned cricket team that has played many knock-out stage matches so far. They had an edge over the Netherlands cricket team and defeated them in the 2011 world cup.
- The Indian cricket team bowled first in the world cup cricket 2011 match against the Netherlands cricket team. Bowling first, they successfully restricted the Netherlands batting line up to 189 runs in total. This score was possible for the Netherlands in 46.4 overs. They were not even able to play the 50 overs. In response, India scored 191 runs at the loss of 5 wickets only. Considering that The Indian bowling squad was not too strong, the Netherlands batsmen could have given them a tough time. However, it might have been the pressure of playing against one of the world cup favorites that the Holland team did not perform at the expected level in their match against India.
Digital Media and Content Marketing Strategist. Writer. Webpreneur.