The year 2007 was a surprise as Gonzalez made his way into the final against Federer, where the King Fed won the championship (his 10th Grand Slam title).
The year 2006 was again the year of Federer where he got emotional after receiving his trophy from Australia’s greatest player Rod Laver. A look into the 2006-2007 Australian Open could be concluded in one post.
Some of the incidents worth highlighting and information about the Australian Open 2006-2007 are as follows:
1) In the 2006 the Australian Open, Razvan Sabau, Filippo Volandri, Mariano Zabaleta, and Marcos Daniel retired in the first round.
2) In the 2006 the Australian Open, 7 Australian tennis players, 12 American tennis players, and 2 British tennis players participated. Among these, only nine players managed to progress into the second round and four to the third round.
3) In the 2006 the Australian Open tennis championship was won by the greatest tennis player Roger Federer. It was his seventh career Grand Slam title.
4) In the 2006 the Australian Open tournament, 34 tie-breaks were played.
5) The defending champions of the 2007 Australian Open title were famous female tennis player Amelie Mauresmo and best male tennis player Roger Federer. Amelie won her first Grand Slam title in 2006 at the Australian Open event.
6) In the 2007 Australian Open, only two Australian tennis players (Wayne Arthurs and Lleyton) and one Australian player (Alicia Molik) made their way to the third round. Nearly 10 Australian tennis players lost in the first two rounds of the 2007 Australian Open.
7) The 2007 Australian Open saw record tie-breakers in the first round of men’s title. Among the players, hottest male tennis player Andy Roddick won the longest tie-break against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga by 20-18.