New Zealand’s cricket team for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 will be led by captain Brendon McCullum. New Zealand’s batting side boasts of experience in form of Martin Guptill, McCullum, Kane Williamson, and Ross Taylor. As for all-rounders, Corey Anderson and Grant Elliot will represent New Zealand.
In the spin department, Daniel Vettori and Nathan McCullum use their experience. In the recent series against Pakistan in 2014, Tim Southee showed his magical bowling skills which will be tested in the 2015 ICC World Cup.
The squad of New Zealand for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
- ■ Brendon McCullum: He is a wicketkeeper and batsman for the New Zealand cricket team and is also heading his team in the event of the 2015 Cricket World Cup. Before the 2015 cricket world cup, McCullum had scored 5251 ODI runs including 27 fifties and 4 hundreds. McCullum knows how to build a match-winning innings and with his experience, New Zealand is going to be a tricky contender for the world cup trophy.
- ■ Trent Boult: is the cutest possible addition to the New Zealand side. He is a left-arm fast-medium bowler with immense potential to take wickets at the most critical points of the game. Trent is a rather new addition to the New Zealand side where he has taken 10 wickets in 11 matches before the world cup 2015.
- ■ Corey Anderson: In 19 ODIs, this left-handed batsman has scored 2 fifties and 1 century with 131 being his highest score before the world cup.
- ■ Tom Latham: is a new addition to the New Zealand team as a left-handed batsman. He is also the wicketkeeper for Black Caps. He has played in 22 ODIs and 9 test matches before the 2015 world cup.
- ■ Martin Guptill: is a top-order batsman who has played 91 matches before the 2015 world cup. In 91 matches, Guptill was able to score 19 fifties and 5 centuries. In the 2015 Cricket World Cup, Guptill has a lot to offer.
- ■ Grant Elliott: is a rather new player on the New Zealand side who has played only 52 ODI matches before the world cup 2015.H has scored 6 fifties and one century in the ODIs.
- ■ Nathan McCullum: is a right-arm off-break bowler and batsman of Kiwis. He has taken 52 wickets in 57 ODI matches at an economy rate of 4.80. He could come in handy for the New Zealand side in the 2015 ICC World Cup.
- ■ Mitchell McClenaghan: is a left-arm medium-fast bowler who is has played 29 matches taking 60 wickets. He is an expensive bowler but could be dangerous for the opponents.
- ■ Luke Ronchi: is a wicketkeeper-batsman for the New Zealand cricket team. He has played 32 matches where he was able to score 3 fifties.
- ■ Kyle Mills: is a right-arm fast-medium bowler. He is an excellent bowler of the New Zealand side who has taken 237 wickets in 167 ODI matches before the 2015 world cup. Among other fast bowlers, Kyle is going to be a tough nut to crack for opponent teams.
- ■ Adam Milne: is a new addition to Black Caps and is yet to make a memorable impression on the cricket fans with his right-arm fast bowling.
- ■ Daniel Vettori: Who doesn’t know this legend? He has been on the New Zealand side forever. Lucrative run machine and spin bowling have made Vettori a match-winner for New Zealand.
- ■ Ross Taylor: is a middle-order batsman with tremendous experience and batting skills. He has scored 11 centuries and 27 fifties in 142 ODI matches at an average of 41.26. What else do we need to know Taylor’s awesomeness?
- Kane Williamson: is a middle-order batsman and has scored four centuries and thirteen fifties in 60 ODIs.