The third Cricket World Cup was played in 1983 in England. England, Pakistan, India, and West Indies qualified for the semifinals in the Cricket World Cup 1983. Like the first two world cups, in this world cup, all innings were 60 overs.
1st Semi-final World Cup 1983:
1. The first semi-final of the 1983 World Cup was played on 22nd June 1983. England faced the Indian cricket team in this first semi-final.
2. The English cricket team scored 213 runs. G Fowler scored 33 runs. CJ Tavore scored 32.
3. RMH Binny and M Amarnath took 2 wickets each while Kapil Dev took 3 wickets for the Indian cricket side.
4. The Indian cricket team scored 217 runs and won the match by 6 wickets.
5. Yashpal Sharma scored 61 runs and SM Patil scored 51.
6. M Amarnath of the Indian cricket team was declared Man of the Match in the first semi-final of the 1983 World Cup.
2nd Semifinal: World Cup 1983:
1. The second semi-final of the 1983 World Cup was played on 22nd June 1983. The Pakistan cricket team faced West Indies in the semi-final of the third Cricket World Cup.
2. The Pakistan cricket team scored 184 runs. Mohsin Khan scored 70. MD Marshall took 3 wickets for the West Indian cricket team.
3. West Indies scored 188. IVA Richards scored 80 and HA Gomes scored 50.
4. IVA Richards was declared Man of the Match in the second semi-final of the 1983 Cricket World Cup.
5. The Final of the 1983 Cricket World Cup was played between the Indian cricket team and West Indies.
Final-World Cup 1983
The final of the 1983 World Cup was played between West Indies and the Indian cricket team. Some of the facts about the 198 World Cup final are:
■ The final of the 1983 World Cup was played on 25 June 1983.
■ The Indian cricket team scored 183 runs in total. K Srikanth scored 38, M Amarnath scored 26 and SM Patil scored 27 runs.
■ AME Roberts took 3 wickets. MD Marshal, MA holding, and HA Gomes took 2 wickets each.
■ M Amarnath and S. Madanlal took 3 wickets each. West Indies was all out for 140 runs. India won by 43 runs.
■ IVA Richards of the West Indian cricket team scored 33 runs to chase the Indian target. PJL Dujon scored 25.
■ M Amarnath of the Indian cricket team was declared Man of the Match.
Indian cricket team won the cricket world cup only once. In the 2011 Cricket World Cup, India is being considered a favorite for the trophy.