The Seventh Cricket World Cup was played in 1999 in England. In this tournament, the top 3 teams from each group qualified for the super-six stages. 9 matches were played in the super-six stage and the top four teams qualified for the semifinals in the 1999 Cricket World Cup. New Zealand, Pakistan, Australia, and South Africa qualified for the semifinals.
1st Semi-final World Cup 1999:
1. The first semi-final of the 1999 Cricket World Cup was played on 16th June 1999. Pakistan cricket team faced New Zealand in this first semi-final.
2. New Zealand cricket team scored 241 runs. MJ Horne scored 35. Stephen Fleming scored 41. RG Twose scored 46 and CL Cairns scored 44. Shoaib Akhtar of the Pakistan cricket team took 3 wickets. Wasim Akram and Abdul Razzaq of the Pakistan cricket team took 2 wickets each.
3. Pakistan cricket team scored 242 runs to win this match. Saeed Anwar scored 113 and Wajahatullah Wasti scored 84.
4. Shoaib Akhtar of the Pakistan cricket team was declared Man of the Match in the first semi-final of the 1999 Cricket World Cup.
2nd Semifinal World Cup 1999:
1. The second semi-final of the 1999 Cricket World Cup was played on 17th June 1999. Australian cricket team faced South Africa in the semi-final of Seventh Cricket World Cup.
2. This match was tied. Australia scored 213 runs. MG Bevan scored 65 runs and Steve Waugh scored 56 runs.
3. Jacques Kallis of the South African cricket team scored 53 and JN Rhodes scored 43 runs. South Africa scored 213 runs.
4. Australian cricket team moved on to the final match as Australia has ended up higher on the super-six table.
5. Shane Warne took 4 wickets and was declared Man of the Match.
6. The Final of the 1999 World Cup was played between Pakistan and Australia.
Final of the World Cup 1999
The Seventh World Cup of Cricket was again played in England and Pakistan faced the Australian cricket team in the final at Lord’s, London. After the 1987 Cricket World Cup, this was the third time that the Australian cricket team made it into the finals of a world cup.
1. The final match of the 1999 Cricket World Cup was played between Australia and Pakistan cricket teams on 20th June 1999.
2. Pakistan cricket was all-out for 132 runs which shocked everyone. Shane Warne took 3 wickets from the Australian cricket side.
3. As the total was almost negligible, Adam Gilchrist scored 54 runs and Australia easily scored 133 runs to win the match.
4. Shane Warne of the Australian cricket team was declared Man of the Match in the final of the 1999 ICC Cricket World Cup whereas Lance Klaussner was declared man of the series.
With Australia winning this world cup, the streak continued for them and the Australian cricket team won the 2003 and 2007 cricket world cups as well. Their performance never shook and with the absolute captaincy of Ricky Ponting, the Australian cricket team looks very confident to win the 2011 Cricket World Cup trophy as well.