The first Cricket World Cup was played in 1975 in England. England, Australia, New Zealand, and West Indies cricket teams qualified for the semifinals in the Cricket World Cup 1975. In 1975, One-day Internationals were of 60 overs per innings.
1st Semi-final: Cricket World Cup 1975:
It was played on 18th June 1975. England faced the Australian cricket team in this first semi-final.
1. The English cricket team scored 93 runs. The English batting lineup failed badly. Australia scored 94 runs. Australia won by 4 wickets with 188 balls remaining.
2. GJ Gilmour took 6 wickets for The Australian cricket team. MHN Walker took 3 wickets. While battling to save a very small total, CM Old of the England cricket team took 3 wickets.
3. GJ Gilmour was declared Man of the match of the semi-final in the 1975 Cricket World Cup.
2nd Semifinal: World Cup 1975:
1. It was played on 18th June 1975. The New Zealand cricket team faced West Indies in the semi-final of the first cricket World Cup.
2. The West Indian cricket team won by 5 wickets.
3. GM Turner scored 36, G Howarth scored 51. BD Julien took for wickets and VA Holder took 3. These performances strengthened West Indies in the match.
4. New Zealand scored 158 runs and West Indies scored 159 runs to win the match.
5. CG Greenidge scored 55 and Al Kallicharan scored 72 runs to meet the target of 158 runs successfully.
6. Colling from New Zealand took 3 wickets.
7. Al Kallicharan was declared Man of the Match in the second semi-final of World Cup 1975.
8. The Final of the 1975 World Cup was played between Australia and West Indies.
Final of World Cup 1975
The First World Cup of Cricket was played in England. The Final was played between the West Indies cricket team and the Australian cricket team.