Chief Ministers perform the important duty of looking after the provinces. Their other duties include maintaining peace and harmony among the different communities living in the province and safeguarding the rights of the province.
Currently there are five chief ministers in Pakistan; their brief introduction is as follows:
- Jam Kamal Khan: This seasoned politician is the chief minister of Balochistan province of Pakistan. Born in 1973 in an influential family in Lasbela, Balochistan. Jam Kamal Khan was previously a member of National Assembly of Pakistan. He joined the office as 16th Chief Minister of Balochistan on 19th August, 2018.
- Sadar Usman Buzdar: He is the current chief minister of Punjab. Born in 1965 in Dera Ghazi Khan, Punjab. He won the elections after being nominated by PTI. He joined the office on 20th August, 2018. From 2001 to 2008, he served as Tehsil Nazim of Taunsa Sharif.
- Mehmood Khan: He is the current Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. He joined the office on 17th August, 2018. He was born in October 1972 in Matta, Swat. He is the 17th Chief Minister of KPK. He was a member of KPK Provincial Assembly from 2013 – 2018. He is a member of PTI.
- Mir Afzal: He is the current Chief Minister of Gilgit Baltistan. He is the 4th Chief Minister. He assumed the office on 24th June, 2020. He was born in Gilgit. He is retired Deputy Inspector General DIG in Gilgit Baltistan Police.
- Syed Murad Ali Shah: He is the current Chief Minister of Sindh. He is the 29th Chief Minister. Hs is a politician and a structural engineer. He is also a member of Sindh Assembly. He assumed the office on 18th August, 2018. He was born in 1962 in Karachi, Sindh. He is a member of PPP.